Tuesday, August 19, 2014

diy Instagram Coasters





If you’re like me then your house is covered with special family memories captured by a photo. So when it came time to purchasing coasters for my new end tables (built by my husband), I knew those too had to hold a special memory. So, to be completely honest, to Pinterest I went. I found this tutorial to get a general idea and then added my own spin on things. Get the how-to below!


Here’s what you need:
  • Mod Podge ( I found this knock-off brand at Meijer for much cheaper)
  • Crystal Clear Enamel (Found with the spray paints at a hardware store)
  • Felt Pads (Four per tile)
  • Foam Brush
  • 4X4 White Tiles (purchased from Menards for $0.14 a piece!)
  • Your favorite 4X6 Instagram photos (I just screen captured my favorite ones and printed them exactly as is from my phone. Some of the Instagram features were in the picture but you’ll trim them down to size.)

Places you'll go
  • Menards or any Hardware store for Crystal Clear Enamel, Felt Pads, Tiles
  • Meijer or Walmart for Mod Podge, Foam Brush, and Photos

The how-to:
  • Trim your photos. For the most part my photos were cut 3.25 x 3.75 (to get the Polaroid effect). I cut one to size and then used it as a guide for my others. 
  •  Wipe down all your tiles.
  • Using your sponge brush, lay a layer of Mod Podge onto the tile and place your photo on top. Let dry.
  • Place another coat of Mod Podge on top of the photo and repeat 2-3 times. *Be sure it is completely dry before adding another coat.
  • Once dry, spray the Crystal Clear Enamel on top of your finished tile. I only sprayed once but it wouldn’t hurt to spray twice.
  • Put a felt pad on each corner. I like the bigger felts pads because of the size of the tile and found a large bag at Menards.
  • Make a cold beverage to enjoy with your new coaster!






Cheers!
Kathleen





No comments:

Post a Comment