Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Patience



Those who know me, like really know me, know that patience is not one of my strengths. For instance, I would love to learn the game of golf but I do not want to take the time, nor do I have the patience, to go to the driving range, learn every club and the rules. Nope, it will not happen. I want to go to the golf course, pull out a club and simply hit the ball until I get it in the hole. However, my rule obliging husband strongly disagrees that this is the proper way to learn the game and has insisted that I go to the driving range, learn every club and, of course, the rules. (Side note: Steven may be giving up because we looked at clubs the other day. Oh yeah!!)

For the most part, this has always been a part of my personality; I will figure it out along the way and learn as I go. I don’t want to think about things for a long period of time, to analyze and analyze again. I want to keep moving forward. However, as of recently, I’ve learned that this is not always the case. Sometimes you are pushed into positions that require patience. Right now, I require patience.

There are so many aspects of life that require patience and it is something I am forced and forced again to learn. For about two years now my company has been going through a drastic reorg that results in positions being eliminated and until two weeks ago, I had not been affected. Needless to say, I have hit the ground running applying to many jobs and thankfully having some interviews. Luckily, I have (for right now) time on my side. Now, I just need the patience to slow down, make the right decisions, and then move forward.

So here’s to lots of praying, a couple bottles of wine, and patience.

Kathleen

PSA: I will post what course I'm at so you can avoid it for the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment