Friday, March 29, 2013

The Beginning



love  
/ləv/


Noun



An intense feeling of deep affection


I can’t remember a time that I wasn’t obsessed with love. Per the definition, I seriously have an intense feeling and a very (worrisome) deep affection for love. Growing up, one of my favorite shows was TLC’s A Wedding Story and for Halloween I was probably a wedding girl 50% of the time (please note, never a bride). I mean lets be real, that is not normal. I have been OBSESSED (and that is an understatement) with weddings and of course, love. So when I became engaged, I was beyond ecstatic. It was my turn to plan my own wedding story.  So through all the colors, details, and fluff I planned my fabulous day and had my perfect wedding story. But what happens after the wedding story? What happens after you take that walk down the aisle and say ‘I do’?

You’re married and 20 something.

Nobody ever talks about what happens after the wedding. I mean cooking? Who knew that would be such an inconvenience. Cleaning, don’t get me started. In-laws…isn’t that word just enough to give you chills? Money, what’s mine is yours. Oh yes, and the single friends. The girlfriends that are desperately seeking their Mr. Forever and partying like we all secretly wish we still could.

  Follow my journey as I learn to balance life as a 20 something and married.  

No comments:

Post a Comment