Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Oh Baby, Baby



After you take that trip down the aisle people are ready to see you take another trip…to labor and delivery. My own dad told me that my biological clock is ticking. I’m 26.  Which to some of my family, I may as well be 80 and childless (they start young). So why is it that after you say “I do” that people instantly assume it’s time for you to pop out a little one? I’m talking to you Facebook; you can stop with the baby advertisements.


Right now, I am perfectly content in growing my relationship with my husband first. We will be the foundation of our family and it is important to us that we also achieve some of our personal goals. Every day we learn new things about each other as well as how to grow and nurture our marriage through God.  


Although Steven and I are still unsure of when we will have kids (we just learned that although I thought we had agreed on a year, he thought we had agreed on a completely different year), we know we are maturing because we actually think babies are kind of cool. But one thing will always stay the same- growing a real life human inside of you is weird and that whole part about delivering it is gross.


I am excited about growing our family and Steven and I both laugh when we think of our future children (their middle school years will be interesting) but it’s all in good timing. Although we have a plan, God has the ultimate plan. So while we wait, we will continue to mark things off our BBJ list (Before Baby Jeffers).  I recommend each married couple to do this. It is a simple list of things that you and your spouse would like to accomplish before having children. Below is a list of some of the topics we covered in ours.


Until next time, cheers!


Before Baby List Ideas:

·         Save a particular amount of money

·         Trips to go on

·         Buy a home/ furnish a home

·         Pay off student loans




Does it look like she is ready to give up her single child status?

No comments:

Post a Comment