Friday, February 28, 2014

Birthday Girl





This past week I celebrated my 27th birthday. In dog years I would be 191 (whoa). Do you know what the best part about turning 27 is? That I am only three years away from having the best birthday party ever. Turning 30 is monumental which calls for a monumental party, obvi. Anyways, back to what this post is really about. Over my long 27 years (my parents would laugh at this) I’ve learned a lot. If you think about it, you grow up in your 20’s. Most graduate college, move cities or states, begin their careers, purchase a home and car, get married, start families, and begin their 401k. That is a whole lot of growing up. Here are a few things that I’ve learned along the way:

·         Bills don’t pay themselves
·         Dinner parties are actually cool
·         One bottle of wine is equal to four glasses (three depending on who’s pouring)
·         A wedding open bar is the shiz...scratch that, any open bar is the shiz
·         It is totally acceptable to go to bed at 10pm sharp
·         Pinterest crafts are not as easy as they appear (don’t be fooled)
·         Cooking can be enjoyable

Getting older really isn’t that bad and to be completely honest, I kind of enjoy it. I really feel that Steven and I are in this journey called life together and I get so excited thinking about our future. But as much as I am excited about our future, I am enjoying our journey along the way. My life is blessed and I thank God for each year that I am given. I can’t wait to see what 27 has in store for me.







No comments:

Post a Comment